Who doesn't love a sugar cookie and eggnog this time of year? We certainly appreciate the festivities and don't want to restrict ourselves from joining in the cheer. But, we see very clearly that excess sugar, carbs, and alcohol can show quickly on your skin. Alcohol and sugar increase our inflammation levels, which triggers skin dysfunctions such as acne, premature aging, puffiness and dehydration.
Effects of Sugar on skin:
- Breaks down collagen and elastin which causes premature aging.
- Spikes inflammation which can lead to breakouts and blemishes.
- Triggers skin dysfunctions such as psoriasis, rosacea or eczema.
Effects of Alcohol on skin:
- Dehydrates the body, which shows up as dry, flaky skin and fine lines and wrinkles.
- Dilates blood vessels creating redness and flushing of the skin.
- Causes water retention in your face, leading to a puffy complexion.
Fortunately, a day at Joanna Vargas LA will help reverse puffiness, dullness, and breakouts. Here's our go-to guide:
Body Booster Add-On: This hands-free lymphatic drainage suit works during your facial to stimulate blood flow and remove excess water build up.
SuperNova Facial - Our award-winning instant glow-getting facial. This is the most hydrating in our facial series.
Half-Hour Cleanse Add On - add this on before our Supernova or Triple Crown Facial for extra attention to bumps and clogged pores.
Step into 2023 with your best skin! Contact our NYC and LA locations to book: