How to Get Rid of Pimples: The Do's and Don'ts
Pimples. May we treat them. May we conquer them. May we never pop them.
We know it’s hard and no matter what anyone swears by, we all do it at one point or another. But, no matter how hard or tempting, we really- I mean really, shouldn’t.
“When you pick, scrape, or pop a pimple anything on your face, you disrupt the skin’s protective barrier, which allows more harmful germs to invade.” Joanna Vargas, Glow From Within
Popping pimples can cause more bacteria within your skin, resulting in more blemishes. You can even cause damage to the skin. Popping or scrapping some pimples can leave scarring or marks on your face. Pimples, for some of us, are unavoidable. But our goal here is to treat them properly, get rid of them correctly, and conquer our skincare routine so we know what works best for our skin.
If you are a victim of occasional pimples try these do’s and don'ts below in hopes to avoid the temptation of popping pimples yourself.
- Wash Your Face: Cleansing is the most important part of treating pimples. Sweep your skin clean with the help of the Joanna Vargas Vitamin C Face Wash. Use this morning and night to tackle any dirt on your skin.
- Treatments: The Joanna Vargas Exfoliating Mask works wonders as not only a mask or scrub, but a perfect spot treatment, especially if a pimple comes at the worst time. If you feel a pimple coming on, or if it’s just about ready to extract, put a dot of this on. Trust me! We also suggest icing the pimple to soothe any inflammation.
- Wash Your Makeup Brush, Towels, Pillowcases: Bacteria can live on all these surfaces and reusing the same brush or towel on your face can be causing buildup. It is also important to wash your pillowcases frequently, since you are accumulating bacteria, dust, & allergens overtime while you sleep.
- Try Patches: If you have the urge to always pop your pimple, try applying a pimple patch treatment. It’s the easiest way to resist picking at it.
- Keep Track of Triggers: Write down things that you eat, drink, or use in your skincare routine that may have resulted in a negative effect to your skin.
- Pop, Pick, or Scrape: This can cause more blemishes, more irritation and long lasting marks or scars on your face.
- Fall Asleep With Makeup: We can not stress this enough. No need to explain here. If you do this- you know the results are not great.
- Use Harsh Products: Avoid harsh products or products you never used before on active acne. This causes them to be more inflamed, irritated, or too dried out.
- Clog Your Pores: If you have a pimple that you want to extract, let it breathe. Avoid wearing makeup and applying heavy products to your skin.