I know you understand. 2020 has been quite a ride. One that I'm ready to get off of. But let's move on and focus on all the ways we're going to reset and refresh for the future.
Whatever your NYE plans are, whether you're toasting the stroke of midnight with a glass of bubbly (preceded and followed by even more glasses of bubbly), or fully embracing your hygge tucked away before 12 (I'll be here), the next morning we all get to start over.
Right? I'm pretty sure that's how that works, and I refuse to enter day 1 of 2021 still looking and feeling like 2020!
With that said, here are my de-puffing, self-love steps to do at home to begin your new year!
- Start the day with a large glass of water. My preference is hot water with lemon and ACV but any water is great!
- Cleanse skin with your favorite cleanser. I'm using the Joanna Vargas Vitamin C Face Wash. Even if you don't normally wash your face in the morning, on this day, why not just do it as a way to refresh. Take your time and use it to give yourself extra massage and extra love for the new year.
- Apply under eye masks. My favorite morning masks are the Bright Eye Firming masks. They are the start of my de-puffing journey. (This is usually when I'm done with the water and coffee is needed. Stat! Let's be honest.)
- Apply an oil based serum like the Joanna Vargas Rescue or Rejuvenating Serum because now it's time for a face massage to de-puff and re-awaken your skin! Truly my fave part of the program! When giving yourself a face massage, take your time and make it luxurious. Take deep breaths as you're doing it. Apply moderate pressure. Move your hands up, out and down your face and neck. Really make it feel nice for you and enjoy the process. The massage gives the appearance of reducing dullness and inflammation while delivering better circulation and a rosy glow.
- Lastly, embrace the cold! The Magic Glow Wand on the cold/massage setting is a morning/morning after dream! The cold reduces inflammation and the massage mimics that of a lymphatic drainage massage.
Now that you're glowing and de-puffed, time to tackle the new year!