With indoor dining varying from area to area, the weather being pretty cold lately, and a bunch of other COVID restrictions, Valentine’s & Galentine’s Day sounds best at home this year, cozied up.
But don’t let that stop you from making the perfect date night, no matter who you are celebrating with.
We put together a list of some recipes, must-haves, and things to do with just about anyone this Valentine’s Day.
Things to Do:
♥ with anyone:
- Sofia Coppola, a good friend of Joanna’s has this amazing wine collection~ Sofia Wine. From mini wine cans to stylish bottles, they’ll make this stay-at-home night even fancier and easily more elegant.
- If you’re looking for some new desserts, how about The Pop Shop? This local (NYC), woman-owned business offers amazing cake pop and cookies, customized to order. Plus, she can ship them to you! Perfect gift for yourself or someone you want to show some extra sweetness to this V Day.
- Pop these Bright Eye Firming Masks on when you’re doing just about anything at home, with anyone. They’re the perfect way to boost and hydrate your eye area for a more awakened look (+ get a great selfie for the gram).
♥ with your skin bff:
- Try a DIY Mask with your skincare bff. Joanna's book, 'Glow From Within' is filled with tons of fun DIY Masks like this hydrating one. All you need is 1/2 cup of plain yogurt, 1/2 avocado, & 1/4 cup of honey. This creamy masks soothes & moisturizes.
- Start binging: The Mindy Project on Hulu. You may best know her as Kelly from The Office but Mindy Kaling is a long time client at the Joanna Vargas salon and BFFs with Joanna herself. Plus how funny and clever is she, so naturally we are loving it.
- The most trendy thing that we are glad 2020 gave us, are DIY charcuterie boards. Head over to your local market, or Trader Joe’s and grab your meats, cheeses, dips, crackers, peanuts, (you can literally get it all). Fancy it up with some warm Brie and top it off with some garnish and you’re all set.
♥ with your significant other:
- Spice up this Valentine’s Day with some bedroom essentials from Woo More Play. We’re loving their Coconut Love Oil and Freshie Wipes. You can also shop all their V Day Bundles and score 15% off your first purchase.
- Speaking of the bedroom, why not try something sexy from our friends at Fleur de Mual? Check out all their V-Day sets and lounge wear that you definitely need to be in all day long.
- Test out your bartending skills with these inspired Valentine’s Day Drinks: We picked out this one for fun- ‘Elderflower Spanish Gin & Tonic!
Chill the drinking glass for a half hour. Add ice to the glass. Squeeze one slice of grapefruit into the glass and discard. Add the other grapefruit slice, the juniper berries, and rosemary sprig to the glass. Pour gin into the glass. Add the tonic and stir before drinking.