Retinol for fall? Groundbreaking. Clear space on your beauty vanity for our supercharged retinol formula Super Nova Serum. Here, we break it down on the benefits, application and tips and tricks when it comes to using this essential skincare ingredient for smoother, clearer and brighter skin.
What is retinol?
- A synthetic form of Vitamin A renowned for targeting visible signs of aging, reducing the appearance of wrinkles and dark spots.
How does it work?
- Retinol increases cell turnover, which means dead skin cells are rapidly sloughed off and skin is left looking radiant and youthful.
When should you start using retinol?
- When you start to see signs of aging or want to begin age prevention, it's a great ingredient to add to your nightly routine.
How to use retinol?
- Incorporate in your nightly beauty routine. Pump 1-2 drops on clean, dry skin, including the eye area. Follow up with our Rejuvenating Serum to boost hydration in the skin.
411 on Joanna Vargas Super Nova Serum
- Our retinol serum contains 0.25% to visibly improve firmness, enhance clarity and restore youthful vitally. A powerful balance of ingredients to help aid in the collagen production and cell turnover benefits of retinol, minus redness and irritation. The potent-yet skin-soothing treatment contains healing ingredients such as Vitamin A, Fatty Acids and Chamomile. This effective treatment quickly can transform the skin to achieve a youthful, lasting glow.
Key ingredients in Super Nova Serum
- Swiss Apple Stem Cell
- Summer Snowflake Flower Extract
- Persian Silk Tree Extract
Tips + Tricks to get the most out of your retinol.
- Know your limits: Start with a lower concentration and go easy on the amount and frequency, then gradually increase application.
- Wear sunscreen on the reg: A routine with retinol makes wearing SPF extra essential.
- Exfoliate: Get rid of dead skin buildup with ingredients like Kaolin Clay and Volcanic Ash. Be sure to alternate your retinol to avoid increased irritation to the skin.
- Top off with hydration: Your skin can feel drier when using a retinol, so you'll want to hydrate and moisturizer as you feel necessary for the skin.
- When not to use retinol: We always recommend to avoid using retinol products when pregnant, breastfeeding, and spray tanning.