Perfect Summer Skin
Skin, specially during the summer months, is exposed on a regular basis to the withering effects of the sun. A facial, minimally once a month, can help you maintain that youthful glow that we all see in celebrities. Many people think that facials are for pampering yourself and washing your stress away as this is how the industry has portrayed itself.
Although, this is true, the more relevant truth is that a facial is vital for maintaining clean, clear and glowing skin. And a regular skin care routine, just like the gym, will keep you from withering on the vine and maintain your skin youthful and glowing. Read below, Joanna Vargas tips and tricks about summer skin care, and find out more about her signature Triple Crown Facial and other treatments call the Salon in New York City at 212.949.2350.
June 9 2009
It’s hot. It’s dry. Does your skin need a pick-me-up? Joanna Vargas is a celebrity skin care guru. Her salon, Joanna Vargas Skin Care, is in Manhattan and is the place to go for one-of-a-kind facials and clear, glowing skin.
In July, the sisters be writing about her signature Triple Crown Facial, an anti-aging and anti-wrinkle facial which combines the best micro-current machine available in the world with the revolutionary healing and skin renewal powers of a hyperbaric oxygen treatment. The micro-current actually stimulates the face muscles like a gym workout – which is why many clients refer to Joanna as their ‘personal skin care trainer.’ How fab!
Now, check out these amazing summer skincare tips from the fab facialist herself!
1. Every morning before you get in the shower, take a coarse bristle brush and firmly dry brush your entire body. Its great for your circulation, but there are some amazing benefits. It stimulates lymphatic drainage, thus smoothing out cellulite. It exfoliates the skin, and it actually firms the skin as well. I tell clients they will see a lifted butt in two weeks of brushing once a day.
2. A winter of dry heat leaves the skin dull and coarse feeling. Once a week, exfoliate with a natural scrub in the shower. I love Eminence Coconut Sugar Scrub as coconut is very hydrating and soothing for the skin.
3. Once in a while, I recommend taking a nice long bath in chamomile tea, fresh lemons and rosemary. Not only is it soothing and cooling to the skin in summer, it gives the hair a radiant glow that makes you look sun-kissed even when you’ve been trapped in the office all summer.
4. For around town and throughout the day, I recommend that clients carry around Ila Face Spray. It contains Himalayan salt crystals which have 102 trace minerals that are essential for healthy skin. The scent is orange blossom – which is refreshing anytime you feel hot, stressed or just tired. In summer heat, you sweat out vital minerals and nutrients and this replenishes your skin when you are on the go.
5. Finally, treat yourself to a great sunless tan. I combine a full body pure oxygen treatment with the tanner application, making it a true therapeutic session for the skin. The oxygen rejuvenates, stimulates cell activity and feels amazing. The client leaves with a full body glow.